[ale] Car/Android integration (OT)

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Tue Jan 31 10:05:51 EST 2012

Of course if you left the Android device sitting out to act as car alarm it would ironically make it more likely someone would break into the car to steal the android device itself.

It constantly amazes me how many people leave smart phones, laptops, ipads, purses, wallets and other valuables in plain sight then get surprised when they find the glass smashed out and their property missing.   There was just a story in the AJC yesterday about thieves rigging a security gate so they could do this to cars in a “secure” garage and one putz actually had the gall to complain that the thieves should only have gone to that kind of effort if they were planning on stealing the cars themselves.   Does he think he would have been happier to find his car gone than just his iphone?   Doesn’t he realize if they HAD stolen the car they’d also have gotten the iphone?