[ale] POSSCON 2012 - World class open source conference for $99 - Scott McNealy, maddog, Bdale, Jim Jagielski, many others

Jeremy Bicha jeremy at bicha.net
Mon Jan 30 21:42:51 EST 2012

Hi, I'm a member of the Columbia Linux User Group and I'd like to personally
invite you to POSSCON 2012.

The Palmetto Open Source Software Conference, now in its fifth year, is one
of the largest open source conferences in the Southeast and will be held
March 28-29 in nearby Columbia, South Carolina.

The event will be headlined by Scott McNealy, co-founder of Sun Microsystems
and one of the most influential and frequently quoted people in the history
of IT. Other world-class speakers include Larry Augustin; CEO, SugarCRM; Dr.
Douglas Maughan, Director, Department of Homeland Security, Cyber Security
Division; Jim Jagielski, Co-Founder and President, Apache Software
Foundation; Chris Aniszcyck, Open Source Manager, Twitter, Inc.; Maddog
Hall, Founder, Linux International; Bdale Garbee, Chief Technologist for
Linux and Open Source, HP, and many others.

POSSCON brings together developers and business leaders together in a fun,
professional environment to discuss and learn about the latest open source
technologies and how to use them in your organization. Bringing the best of
open source concepts to the business world is what makes this conference
unique. As Jim Jagielski said last year, "Imagine if OSCON and OSBC had a
baby: its name would be POSSCON." In addition, the conference always has
good turnout from the government and healthcare sectors, many of whom are
still learning all that open source has to offer.

Early, early bird registration ends tomorrow, January 31st, so
register now for the best deal. Please let me know if you have
questions and we look forward to seeing you in March!

http://www.posscon.org/
http://www.posscon.org/POSSCON2012_poster.pdf

Jeremy Bicha