[ale] bogus idel time for user

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:42:14 EST 2012

So the tty is the terminal that started the X session. You have done
nothing there since it started. The pts is the term window you typed the
finger command in.

Login     Name              Tty      Idle  Login Time   Office     Office
Phone
jpkinney  JAMES P. KINNEY   tty2           Jan 30 18:39
jpkinney  JAMES P. KINNEY   tty1    13:34  Jan 30 10:07 (:0)
jpkinney  JAMES P. KINNEY   pts/0       2  Jan 30 18:38 (:0.0)

from mine, the tty1 is the X launching shell. The tty2 is what I jumped to
to test this. The pts/0 was the last term window in X before I log out and
go home.

so there is no keyboard activity in the tty1 as it's launched an X session
which captures all keyboard and mouse.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 6:12 PM, John Heim <john at johnheim.net> wrote:

> [...]

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky