[ale] Better do my talk before it is illegal

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Sun Jan 29 21:32:36 EST 2012

On Sun, 2012-01-29 at 17:36 -0500, Charles Shapiro wrote:
> Dang, I missed that fight.  I still have my computer case autographed
> by Phil Zimmermann though.  A friend of mine actually had the "This is
> a Munition", but wouldn't part with it for love nor money.

Seriously...  Both of my sons and I have the "RSA munitions tee shirt",
a black tee shirt with the RSA algorithm printed on it (amusingly
printed in Great Briton and IMPORTED).  I'll bring mine next month.  One
time, I asked a school councilor at their high school if they could wear
it, because of the "zero tolerance" weapons policy there, and the person
mentally locked up and could NOT get their head around the very concept
and ended up (after several sputtering staggering moments of confusion)
saying "I have no idea".  Schools and school personnel have no sense of
humor or irony and do not like their policies being made the horses' ass
of jokes.

I've met Phil several times in the past.  He visited ISS several times
as well as a Networld Interop conference or two.  We chat when we have a
chance though it's been several years at this point.

Regards,
Mike