[ale] Fwd: Georgia Bill Would Prohibit Subsidies For Municpal Broadband - Slashdot

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Wed Jan 25 17:20:34 EST 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-25 at 17:04 -0500, Steve Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Geoffrey Myers <lists at serioustechnology.com
> > wrote:
>
> > Well, I wouldn't say that, as it has changed.  There was a day, when I
> > first joined, that an off topic post would be cut down at the knees.  So
> > it can happen.  Then again, we're talking late '90s and that seems an
> > eternity ago.
> >

> Indeed, and, if I remember correctly, the original founder became furious
> and left because of such posts. I think most people have chosen the "jump
> ship" option because this list has lost hundreds of members. Members who,
> in my opinion, had a positive impact on the discussions happening on this
> list.

Errr?

And which "original founder" are you referring to (says one of the
original founders who was physically at the organization meeting in a
small OVER PACKED classroom in the GT EE building).  I'm still here and
still obnoxious as every and I think a few of the others at that
founding meeting are still kicking around.

> I'll have to look into the filter, because I really do enjoy to read some
> of Aaron's post, and he does seem like a nice guy, just a guy with
> political Touerette's syndrome. What words should I filter on,
> repub-lie-con or copo-rape-tion? :)

> -Steve Brown

Regards,
Mike