[ale] [OT] Cheap Suits

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Mon Jan 23 20:31:23 EST 2012

On Mon, 23 Jan 2012, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
> I personally would never pay $700 for jacket.  Much of what you say may
> be necessary for some, but I doubt it is for the majority of
> interviewers.  Granted, flip-flops and jeans aren't the way to go, but a
> $700 jacket is way overkill.

We do work now for people that fly private gulfstreams and show off their
sailboats and yachts. clothes matter, but differently. The target seems to
be: How much money can I spend to look casual. I may be a poser, but if
you want to play with the big dogs, you have to look like you belong with
them.

And now.. back to work, got work to do.

Want the job? scope out the company before the interview.
Dress appropriately... and given a choice;
   Sharp casual beats ill fitting cheap suit.