[ale] [OT] Software and file formats for on-line/correspondence chemical education

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sun Jan 22 17:59:34 EST 2012

The point was to teach the students unit conversions, and how to solve
such a problem by completely documenting it and providing appropriate
ratios and conversion factors at each step and writing down each step so
someone else could follow it, or grade it.  So, we convert trips to
miles, miles to feet, feet to inches, inches to bills, etc.  The point
was not to solve the problem in 5 minutes in your head, in which case
they get a zero for the part where they are required to show their work.

Ron