[ale] [OT] Software and file formats for on-line/correspondence chemical education

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 11:45:54 EST 2012

Check out mathml
It's available as a javascript load so no installation required. My be a
moodle module already. It makes near type-set quality math in a web form.
Should work for equation balancing as well. I think it had double-headed
arrows and other glyphs you need.
Yes! Make them show their steps!
The brain work behind unit conversions is VITAL!!! Mr pre-meds at Emory
struggled to grasp that until I explained they HAD to know it for drug
dosing. Then they put in the effort to learn it.