[ale] web archive ??

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:07:48 EST 2012

On 01/19/2012 09:05 AM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:

> Adobe acrobat is available for Linux.  If this is really a PDF it
> seems you should be able to see it in Firefox on Linux -- There are
> things I regularly view and print from Adobe on a CentOS 5 box.

You are correct, a pdf file is OS independent and there are many readers
for it. But the issue is whether the web designers designed the site for
IE only rather than for any browser. Some even to this day refuse to
write standards compliant web pages that render correctly when viewed
using any OS or browser. I know stupid but they would rather irritate
users/potential customers than do things correctly.

Also, could Equifax be using Javascript for some silly reason to control
the download?

Personally, I design my pages using Opera, Firefox, and Chrome
simultaneously in Linux to check layout/behavior issues. Then I test in
IE for any rendering problems.

I saw a post that on the LO user list that the pdf format is now an
open/ISO format since 2008.

<snip>

--
Jay Lozier