[ale] Power Management & /etc/default

Nolan Voight nolan.voight at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 21:57:26 EST 2012

Chasing the problem around the web over the past couple of weeks &
noting the infrequency but persistence with which the question comes
up, I suspect that it arises from a combination of hardware & software
which is not universal--otherwise, I wouldn't have had the
problem--but  which is common enough to be easy to find in a search. A
recent iteration of Gnome + a specific generation of ATI graphics
card? My best guess.

What's KDE look like these days? Haven't used it since I was running
SUSE seven or so years ago.