[ale] OT - Looking like SOPA is dead and burried, but PIPA is still in play...

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Tue Jan 17 17:53:58 EST 2012

On Tue, 2012-01-17 at 16:59 -0500, Jim Kinney wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>wrote:
>
> > On 01/16/2012 04:28 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't think change from within is possible for corporations of the
> > > size and reach that Aaron rants about. They seem to respond only to
> > > income and image pressure to varying degrees.
> > > I LIKE the idea of only registered votors can give resources to
> > > election or issue causes.
> > >

> > I would like to amend that to only registered voters who pay income
> > taxes.  If they can't afford to support the government, I don't want
> > them to be able to support the politicians.
> >

> how about only registered voters who get NO resources from ANY government
> entity! That way we can keep out them damned welfare queens AND the fat
> bastards on the guberment contract payola game. GAG! But remember, money is
> a first amendment right if used for political reasons. GAG again! So you
> advocate fewer rights for less affluent people?!?!?

Wow...  That would really streamline the election process eliminating
all those people in the oil and gas industry with their subsidies and
the farmers and the home owners (mortgage tax breaks).  That'll make the
elections run like a bat outta hell.