[ale] OT - Looking like SOPA is dead and burried, but PIPA is still in play...

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:59:49 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Jim Lynch <ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com>wrote:

> On 01/16/2012 04:28 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> >
> > I don't think change from within is possible for corporations of the
> > size and reach that Aaron rants about. They seem to respond only to
> > income and image pressure to varying degrees.
> > I LIKE the idea of only registered votors can give resources to
> > election or issue causes.
> >

> I would like to amend that to only registered voters who pay income
> taxes.  If they can't afford to support the government, I don't want
> them to be able to support the politicians.

how about only registered voters who get NO resources from ANY government
entity! That way we can keep out them damned welfare queens AND the fat
bastards on the guberment contract payola game. GAG! But remember, money is
a first amendment right if used for political reasons. GAG again! So you
advocate fewer rights for less affluent people?!?!?

Or maybe we should just let only the people who  make above a certain
income make all the rules for us. That's working pretty well so far.

How about this: If you make $1M annual you get 1 vote, $2M is 2, etc and if
you collect subsidies you have to go work for the the rich people until
you've paid back the $233/mo in food stamps you got. Yeah. That sounds
_really_ fair.

I'd prefer to change the income tax structure so that once a person takes
in the average LIFETIME EARNINGS of an American worker in a single tax
year, all the rest is taken at gunpoint by a well regulated militia of
unemployed ex-marines and transported to the nearest IRS building for
redistribution of said wealth to support the schools, and roads and wars
and all the other CRAP the elected officials choose to fund. And the
marines have the right to tar and feather anyone who complains. Maybe
earning 40 years average pay in a year isn't enough for some people but
they are the most likely to be able to do it again the next year. Maybe if
we starting talking about income in terms of LIFETIME EARNINGS it would
sink in how much people are making in some sectors. and I work in IT which
is one of the better paying areas and i don't have a problem keeping the
processes funded. Sure would like to see it hurt some others to similar
extent that it hurts me. I guess being a "job creator" for the Indonesia
and China requires a bunch tax breaks. Seems to me that if it's "bad" for
the guberment to to take out of the economy a specific amount of cash
resources, than maybe it's also bad for in-DUH-viduals to do the same. At
least we can have a bit of say so on the guberment twits by voting them out.

Maybe making enough money to pay income taxes makes for an explosion of
greed cells. I dunno. I've been paying income taxes for the past 30 years
and can't stand seeing so many wealthy people whining about pitching in to
make the world a better place. But they sure seem to want workers who can
do the job with no training, yet yell bloody murder to cut property taxes
that fund schools to do the training. They also like to scream about
locking up everyone different from them for every new crime they can think
of but sure as hell don't want to shell out the tax bucks for a jail big
enough. In fact, I think they would rather go back to indentured servants
and slavery as a way of business. It sure would cut the cost of labor down.

But then, there's no one on the ALE list I would count as wealthy. But
there are many I would count as greedy or selfish or just plain foolish.

Now that my buttons have been pushed, flame on.

> Jim.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/