[ale] Looking like SOPA is dead and burried, but PIPA is still in play...

Aaron Ruscetta arxaaron at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 14:30:51 EST 2012

It looks like SOPA (personally dubbed the Spit On Privacy Act) is dead:
<https://www.examiner.com/computers-in-denver/house-kills-sopa>

We need to stay vigilant, though, to be sure it stays dead, and also
focus protest against PIPA (personally dubbed the Pervert IP Act).

I'm in favor of a full blackout of ALE on the 18th.

Unfortunately, even when we've blown the heads off of these two
heinous monsters, there is no doubt that more brain eating, culture
killing, freedom hating legislative zombies will be endlessly spawned
by the corporapist media conglomerates. It will take a concerted,
constant, and global vigil for freedom and free speech and democracy
and meritocracy on the internet to survive the perpetual threats from
totalitarian regimes, industrial capitalism and the corporate welfare state.

peace
aaron