[ale] [ANNC] ALE-NW @ SPSU MTG. for Thurs., Jan. 12, 7:30pm (+ ALE Central note)

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 13:47:37 EST 2012

On 2012/01/13, at 09:54 , JD wrote:

> On 01/13/2012 09:29 AM, Jeff Gehlbach wrote:
>> On 01/09/2012 05:53 PM, Aaron Ruscetta wrote:
>>
>>> The feature presentation will be:
>>> Network and Systems Management with OpenNMS
>>> as presented by Jeff Gehlbach
>>
>> I'd like to thank everybody who turned out last night -- it was a far
>> larger crowd than I pictured in my wildest dreams, with great
>> interaction, only a few leaving early (read: on time, after I blew
>> past
>> the allotted window), and nobody falling asleep.  If that many folks
>> will come out on such a chilly night to listen to my ramblings, then
>> ALE-NW has a very bright future indeed.
>
> It was good to have you present something on a more enterprise
> level. Even if
> everyone couldn't use OpenNMS in their environment, gaining an
> understanding of
> large enterprise NMS needs was eye opening.  Thanks for volunteering.
>
> Thanks Jeff.

Yes!  Big thanks!  Glad your talk was so well attended, Jeff!

And even more thanks for agreeing to reprise your OpenNMS
talk for this month's ALE Central meeting, not to mention thanks
for squeezing us into your schedule when we had to move the
meeting to Thursday, January 26th!

--
AND TO THE LIST:
Formal announcement of January's ALE Central Meeting will