[ale] OT - Have you an opinion of Apache Cassandra DB

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 15:38:16 EST 2012

>From [1]: "Cassandra is a highly scalable, eventually consistent,
distributed, structured key-value store." In other words, Cassandra is
NOT a database in the sense that MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, et al. are
databases. You will not find ANSI standard SQL support in Cassandra.
This thing has a very specific uses, and those uses are not "reliable"
(see "eventually consistent").

In short, don't try to shoehorn Drupal into using it. Drupal is
designed to work with actual relational databases; specifically MySQL.

[1] -- http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/