[ale] RHEL-6.1 system with 4 CPU sockets and 1TB of memory

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:06:48 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM, david w. millians <millia at panix.com> wrote:

> Oh, and 1tb of memory is a pretty amazing thing. Yowza. :)
>
> Heh, heh. I spec'ed out an IBM 3950 X5 that supports 3TB RAM. Yes. That's
THREE TERRABYTES!!!! It'll cost $500k, but I still want 4 or 5 of them :-D
http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/x/hardware/enterprise/x3850x5/

It supports x64 DIMM slots native and can take an add-on for another 32.
And 32GB DIMMs are an option (at $4.5k EACH!)

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky

http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
*