[ale] possibility of running an NTP server

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Thu Jan 12 07:17:48 EST 2012

On 01/12/2012 01:23 AM, Ron Frazier wrote:
> I think I'm going to try to find an actual NTP client for Windows, so
> I can use the same external servers I've selected for Linux.

Windows XP and later have an NTP client built-in to the operating
system.  You can change the server from the Time and Date properties.  I
can't tell you click-by-click how to do that, but I know that it is
indeed possible.

Once you find it, you can then tell it what (single!) address you want
to use.  The registry may enable you to give it more than one address.
You can simply use the name of an NTP pool so that you can get time from
different locations without having to have more than one entry.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”