[ale] localhost email fails to go out

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 10:41:08 EST 2012

On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Geoffrey Myers
<lists at serioustechnology.com> wrote:
> mike at trausch.us wrote:
>> On 01/10/2012 10:24 PM, Raylynn Knight wrote:
>>> Try using another DNS provider.  I have concluded that U-Verse' DNS
>>> servers are extremely unreliable.
>>
>> I typically recommend avoiding any ISP's DNS servers.  For the past
>> couple of years now (at least) I have been using 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2,
>> they work wonderfully and appear to have no issues serving the public.
>
> To whom do they belong?  I might give that a shot and see if I see any
> difference.
>

>>       --- Mike
>>

> --
> Until later, Geoffrey
>
> "I predict future happiness for America if they can prevent
> the government from wasting the labors of the people under
> the pretense of taking care of them."
> - Thomas Jefferson

4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 I think those are AT&T or Level3. You can also
tried Google. 8.8.8.8

Who told you could the saleweasle? Because they told me as well when I
switched from XO to ATT, only to find out that you can't. They were
shutting off my route.

What mail server are you using? Sendmail, Postfix, or Exim?

I know with Postfix you can add a debug to the start up that kicks out
everything so you can see what is going on. Be it DNS, config error,
or what ever it might be. To turn on debug all you need to add is -v
or -v -v to master.cf

Example

smtp      inet  n       -       -       -       -       smtpd -v -v

I hope that helps you take a look

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne