[ale] possibility of running an NTP server

Leam Hall leamhall at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 05:47:49 EST 2012

On 01/11/2012 12:55 AM, Ron Frazier wrote:
> Hi Guys,

Ron,

Not sure what the NTP Pool documentation says about Dynamic IP
addresses. Does it mention something either way?

The questions that come to mind are the dynamic IP, and whether or not
your ISP permits incoming requests. Some of the non-technically minded
ISPs block the very things we try and set up at home.

I don't think you need much hardware, but it might be a fun exercise in
building a bastion host. Put a few services on it and see what it takes
to secure them and still keep things usable.

Leam