[ale] RHEL-6.1 system with 4 CPU sockets and 1TB of memory

Steven A. DuChene linux-clusters at mindspring.com
Tue Jan 10 20:01:23 EST 2012

BTW, the system I actually administer is a 10U system with 256 headless "servers" in it with a dual core Atom N570 CPU and 4GB of memory per "server". It is called a SeaMicro SM10000-64. My other system is a 3U Dell blade chassis with 12 blades with a single low power Xeon per blade. Both systems are very low power consumption for the system performance. On both systems the administration tools are efficient HPC style toolsets such as systemimager, ganglia, and C3 tools.
--
Steven DuChene