[ale] RHEL-6.1 system with 4 CPU sockets and 1TB of memory

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Tue Jan 10 18:37:07 EST 2012

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Steven A. DuChene
<linux-clusters at mindspring.com> wrote:
> So I am working for a benchmarking lab at Intel and today we brought up a system that has 4 CPU sockets and 10 cores per socket. It has 64 DIMM slots with a 16GB DIMM in each slot for a total of 1TB or real memory and zero swap. The system is running RHEL-6.1
>
> I just thought someone would find this fascinating.

For what it's worth, we've been looking at similarly-specced systems
for research computing tasks that require large amounts of shared
memory.  IBM x3850, 40 cores, 1 TB RAM, about $64k street price.
That's pretty amazing for that price, if you ask me.

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com