[ale] Power Management & /etc/default

Watson, Keith krwatson at cc.gatech.edu
Mon Jan 9 11:18:51 EST 2012

Open a shell and type the following

xset s off
xset -dpms

If you want to make the settings permanent edit the following file:

   /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

and place the flowing lines before # invoke global X session script

# turn off screen blanking and monitor energy star features
/usr/bin/xset s off
/usr/bin/xset -dpms

keith

--

Keith R. Watson                        Georgia Institute of Technology
IT Support professional Lead           College of Computing