[ale] DCHP and DNS servers

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 23:52:44 EST 2012

There's a sample dhcpd.conf that ships with the package.  Look for it in
/usr/share /dhcpd. Use the docs published by RedHat in their support
section. The RHEL6 docs are relevant.

In short, you can provide a dns server to individual systems by MAC
address. The syntax is ridgid so watch your end of lines and closing
braces. System dhcod restart will fail on wrong syntax. /var/log/messages
will provide some clues on where the conf file failed.
Fedora has docs as well but they are not yet as complete as RHEL.