[ale] Power Management & /etc/default

Nolan Voight nolan.voight at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 13:12:14 EST 2012

I switched from Ubuntu to Linux Mint last month, for the usual reason.
I'm running it on a PC, and am having the dickens of a time trying to
figure out how to keep it from going into Standby or Suspend long
enough for me to watch a doggone movie. The dconf Editor doesn't seem
to pay any mind to the values I've increased in what seemed the likely
places in org-gnome-settings-daemon-plugins-power. Maybe I should try
0 instead of large numbers--would that mean False, or would that throw
it into suspend immediately?

Reading this page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/PowerManagement
makes me wonder if I should try editing /etc/default/acpi-support, but
reading that file, the lines which would help are in the Legacy
(deprecated) section. I've called up the man page for pm-hibernate,
but have no idea where I would control that. Any suggestions?
Something real obvious I've missed?