[ale] Cannot sendmail

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Fri Jan 6 13:01:48 EST 2012

Have you tried using mailx?  That will send the email via whatever your MTA is (Sendmail in this case).

-OR-

Use file for long message bodies or use body for short ones e.g.

echo "This is the test email" |mailx -s "Test via Sendmail" rb at ale.org

There are more advanced options to change the sender or other parameters.