[ale] Linux DESKTOP User's Group

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Feb 27 10:52:01 EST 2012

Vernard Martin wrote:
> On 2/26/2012 12:20 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
>> My wallet has already convinced me that I probably cannot be
>> driving to 4 different meetings / month that are 1 - 2 hours away.  In
>> my case, those would potentially be: Linux #1 (Emory), Linux #2 (yours),
>> Hobby Robotics, and Java Users.  I'm in Cumming, so you're not an hour
>> away, but you get the idea.  Nevertheless, the meetings sound like a
>> good idea.
> I suspect a lot of folks are in the same boat of not being able to
> afford the time and fuel for Yet Another Meeting. Maybe the first
> meeting of this can be a Desktop focused ALE meeting instead? While a
> LOT of the ALE stuff is about sysadmin style computing, I'll bet that
> most of the sysadmins use Linux as their desktops as well or at least
> have an interest in it.

+1

As hard as it can be to get someone to present, those folks who would
like to see some desktop presentations might consider offering or
requesting such.

I for one have used Linux for my desktop exclusively for about 15 years now.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson