[ale] Linux DESKTOP User's Group

Vernard Martin vernard at venger.net
Sun Feb 26 12:28:35 EST 2012

On 2/26/2012 12:20 PM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> My wallet has already convinced me that I probably cannot be
> driving to 4 different meetings / month that are 1 - 2 hours away.  In
> my case, those would potentially be: Linux #1 (Emory), Linux #2 (yours),
> Hobby Robotics, and Java Users.  I'm in Cumming, so you're not an hour
> away, but you get the idea.  Nevertheless, the meetings sound like a
> good idea.
I suspect a lot of folks are in the same boat of not being able to
afford the time and fuel for Yet Another Meeting. Maybe the first
meeting of this can be a Desktop focused ALE meeting instead? While a
LOT of the ALE stuff is about sysadmin style computing, I'll bet that
most of the sysadmins use Linux as their desktops as well or at least
have an interest in it.

And you might get more folks interested once you start talking about the
topic in person versus just over the list.

Vernard