[ale] Linux DESKTOP User's Group

Tod Davis tod at davismailbox.net
Sat Feb 25 20:32:38 EST 2012

Hi all,
I am interested in getting a group of intermediate Linux users together to
talk about our home desktop/notebook systems (as opposed to servers and
sysadmin stuff) and learn from what each has done.  My initial thoughts
would be to show off and compare:

different distros
desktop environments
programs for getting things done
customizing fstab, aliases, etc
Conky and customization
working from the command line
firewalls and security
favorite beers
whatever else sounds interesting at the time...

I live in Suwanee and can host them (near 400 exit 14 or 85 exit 111), but
we could plan to rotate meetings from house to house if that is easier for
people.  Let me know if you would be interested or forward this along to
anyone you know who may have an interest.

~~~
Thanks,
Tod
Tod at DavisMailBox.net