[ale] possibility of a non Android Linux tablet

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Feb 25 12:36:16 EST 2012

On 02/25/2012 10:50 AM, Ron Frazier (ALE) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here I am replying to my own email again.  Well, I've been thinking and thinking
> about this.  There's no doubt that I WANT a tablet, although that would be one

Just a thought.

I own an Acer A500 and have used a few other tablets. Perhaps you are looking at
this the wrong way? Instead of trying to make the tablet run everything a
desktop does, perhaps you want to consider it a display device.
* Setup a VPN (L2TP is built in)
* Use a remote desktop (VNC/RDP) to display the remote desktop you need.

Connect up a reasonable keyboard and use your finger as a mouse.
http://www.amazon.com/Keyboard-KEYBOARD-Guaranteed-compatible-Honeycomb/dp/B004YPK5ZW/ref=cm_pdp_rev_itm_title_2