[ale] Crystal Reports Replacment

Robert L Harris robert.l.harris at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 16:29:03 EST 2012

So I'm stuck with a server running Crystal Reports.  Due to licensing cost
we don't want to upgrade to the next version, etc.  I'd like to find a FOSS
replacement.  We need it to be able to export to MS Office formats for
clients (xls and doc), cross tabulation and server-side rendering via API.

The who report generation part needs to have an API so we can change things
when it generates the reports such as custom fiend names, dynamically
changing SQL queries it sends to the server, etc.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Robert

--
:wq!
Robert L. Harris

DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for                      First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                                     - Manowar