[ale] ddrescue on cdrom

John Anderson j at intte.com
Thu Feb 23 15:08:16 EST 2012

I was trying to see if I could rescue anything off of a cd-r which shows
up as blank when I attempt to read it. It supposedly has data on it and
I can see the telltale color difference that implies that it was in fact
written to.

I tried ddrescue-

/ddrescue  -b2048 /dev/sr0 traincdimage  traincdlogfile/

/
Press Ctrl-C to interrupt
Initial status (read from logfile)
rescued:         0 B,  errsize:       0 B,  errors:       0
Current status
rescued:         0 B,  errsize:   3179 MB,  current rate:        0 B/s
    ipos:     2148 MB,   errors:       1,    average rate:        0 B/s
    opos:     2148 MB,     time from last successful read:    54.1 m
Finished /

This appears to be a complete fail.
Any comments? Running Mint 12.
log file below.

  Rescue Logfile. Created by GNU ddrescue version 1.14
# Command line: ddrescue -b2048 /dev/sr0 traincdimage traincdlogfile
# current_pos  current_status
0x80170800     +
#      pos        size  status
0x00000000  0xBD850000  -