[ale] meeting idea

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Feb 23 12:26:32 EST 2012

On Thu, 2012-02-23 at 11:45 -0500, leam hall wrote:
> Or spread it out so they don't feel the competition and you can more
> easily schedule things.

Yeah, at several of my conference, these are referred to as lightening
talks.  Of course, at conferences, a large number are stacked into a
designated period of time and spreading them out is not practical.  They
are also not scheduled in advance, people sign up for talks they want to
give on a flip chart board at the conference and when all the 10 minute
slots are gone, they're gone.

For a regular user's group like us, the idea of spreading them out has
some merit.  Offer a 10 minute slot a head of the main speaker to people
who want to come and do a fast talk on something short.

Not sure how well blocking out a whole meeting to lightening talks would
work.

Mike