[ale] grub rescue

John Pilman jcpilman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:26:18 EST 2012

The company supplied PC has Windows 7 and Linux in a VirtualBox.  I
tried it the other way around, but Windows always dragged with that
setup.

I don't have much use for a personal Windows machine.  My laptop is
dual boot, mostly for the learning experience. That is also why I let
Ubuntu encrypt my home directory, not because I needed to secure my
family photos.  And I did get an experience out of it.

By the way, boot-repair worked like a champ.  I am not yet sure if it
needed testdisk to fix the partition first.
...John