[ale] real world clustering

Andrew Wade andrewiwade at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 21:25:35 EST 2012

I should also add that the best practice for setting up the Clusters on
RHEL 5 is using Ricci and Luci (Red Hat has docs on it if you want to
glance at what that is) as some of the other methods are deprecated (ie
 system-config-cluster, etc.).    This isn't to say that you shouldn't hand
edit you cluster.conf, but start the basics of your config using Ricci and
Luci, then tweak away.

Also know that it uses multicast by default and you switch needs to be set
to allow multicast in your heartbeat Vlan.

Andrew Wade
RHCE