[ale] Anyone done business cases for managing cloud servers?

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Sat Feb 18 11:07:33 EST 2012

On 02/17/2012 08:36 PM, Leam Hall wrote:
> Morning all!
>
> I'm looking at helping some friends with some Linux business and I've
> spouted off here a couple times about moving to the cloud. Has anyone
> done any business case studies on cloud server administration costs,
> support models, etc?
>
> Thanks!

Don't forget the legal aspects.

If core business processes are put into the Cloud, what are the other risks,
like the US Secret Service taking over DNS records?
http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2012/02/secret-service-asks-for-shutdown-of-legit-website-over-user-content-godaddy-complies.ars

Definitely speak with a lawyer ... here's something from a law firm:
http://www.seyfarth.com/publications/Issues-Related-To-Cloud-Computing