[ale] Working with Puppet (Was: Re: checking for interest for a free intro class "Introduction to Automating Linux System Administration using CFEngine 3")

George Allen glallen01 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 15:18:13 EST 2012

This was another, similar project: http://oss.tresys.com/projects/clip
Has a RHEL kickstart to apply the following:
• Director of Central Intelligence Directive 6/3 “Protecting Sensitive
Compartmented Information within Information Systems” (DCID 6/3)
Protection Level 4 (PL4)
• National Security Systems (NSS) Instruction 1253 “Security Controls
Catalog for National Security Systems” High Impact requirements
• Department of Defense (DoD) Instruction Number 8500.2 “Information
Assurance (IA) Implementation” MAC I Classified requirements
• Defense Information System Agency (DISA) Information Assurance
Support Environment (IASE) Security Technical Implementation Guides
(STIG) Unix V5R1

Haven't tried it yet. Attempted to feed the kickstart link from here:
http://oss.tresys.com/projects/clip/wiki/GettingStarted into CentOS...
but it turns out I don't know anything about RedHat/Centos or
rpm/yum... it was actually easier for me to play with freebsd the
other day than when I was banging my head against yum, having grown up
on solaris, slackware and debian.