[ale] Xen domU analysis

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Thu Feb 16 12:47:46 EST 2012

I had to shoot a domU system in the head a little bit ago.  Prior to
doing it, I took a memory dump using "xm dump-core" on the domU.

I would like to figure out what processes were running and so forth, but
I can't seem to find a way to actually accomplish that.

I found a page that talks about a bunch of forensics tools, including
Red Hat's "crash" utility, but I can get none of them working.

Is there a way that I can extract some information out to see what was
going on?  I would like to get the process list and network connections
list, at the very least.  Open files couldn't hurt either.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”