[ale] Prelancing oportunities?

Andrew Wade andrewiwade at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 19:54:22 EST 2012

For cloud computing personal experience, I'd approach it in 3 ways:

1)   Set up a Centos or OpenSuse in your easiest VM program (maybe VMWare
Fusion, Workstation, or if you're farther along, KVM (native to Centos >
5.6)

Then write for Centos kickstart scripts and the equillivant in OpenSuse for
automated deployment

2)  I would say setup your own VMWare ESXi and then deploy VMS into it,
but realisticly if you don't know how the networking is setup in the real
world, you could teach yourself something that's too way off.

I'd focus on automated deployments of Linux OS's (particualy Centos and
OpenSuse (a la Red Hat and Suse)).

If you can get that down and already have a history of normal system
administration, then at least you can build a server based on the
customer's specs