[ale] Outsider contact to bellsouth.net

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Feb 13 18:21:21 EST 2012

On 02/13/2012 02:29 PM, Scott Castaline wrote:
> Anyone know of contact # to bellsouth.net/att.net? for
> non-members/account holders? Someone has hijacked my uncle's email
> address and is sending spam galore for cheap drugs from Canada. I find
> this very distasteful as he passed away last May and He was a WWII war
> hero with the Flying Tigers. I have tried the approach of the "Contact
> Us" link on att.net but that seems to be for account holders only.
> Anyone have any other contact info that they can share. I'd like to
> put an end to this. My aunt and cousins are completely in the the dark
> on this matter, so I'm taking it upon myself to correct this.

If his email address is was the primary for the DSL account and it has been
compromised, it is more difficult. The family DSL account password probably
needs to be changed. If your family members can't do it themselves and you can't
be "on premise" to help them, then AT&T will happily roll a technician to
re-setup the DSL connection and update all the back-end systems settings.

Someone in the service location will need to be involved.