[ale] OT: Where can I learn about microphones?

Fri Feb 10 21:03:13 EST 2012

The echo loop should be a non issue because we don't amplify the local
attendees back into the room. That's just the way Skype, GoToMeeting,
WebEx, and Google Hangouts work. The signal from the mics are only
sent to the remote attendees. The signal from the remote attendees is
the only thing that comes out of the speakers. The software has a
pretty easy time of removing the signal from the speakers (from the
remote attendees, remember) from what the mics pic up so that the
remote attendees don't hear themselves echo. I agree that micing a
room to amplify and play back into the room is very hard. Luckily that
is NOT what I am doing. I just need high, accurate gain.

Oh, as a side note, I found about a dozen good quality mics at work
after everyone left for the day.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/103188493504862905835/posts/R5tzUzbXsfY

I'm not done by any means, but I bet I can use those!

.!# RichardBronosky #!.