[ale] raid suggestions

Geoffrey Myers lists at serioustechnology.com
Fri Feb 10 14:55:10 EST 2012

Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> So we've all gone down all these different roads and we still don't have
> the hardware/usage story from the OP?

Well, now it's changed substantially. :(  Initially, was planning on
replacing existing file server with better hardware.  Now they tell me
they are purchasing an application, which of course, only runs on
windows, thus they need the new server to run windows.  Just the same,
the client has about 15 desktop machines that connect to an (existing)
Linux box for sharing documents.