[ale] Silly browser strings

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Fri Feb 10 12:37:10 EST 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:14:27 -0500
"mike at trausch.us" <mike at trausch.us> wrote:

> It would appear that the domain that you've acquired was probably
> previously the host of a zombie system, or perhaps a zombie
> controller even.
>
> I don't think I have seen more than 2 Windows 98 systems in the last
> five years, personally.

I have a few thousand hits claiming to be from Windows 98 machines on my
blog's web server over the past few years.  The vast majority of them
are trying to hit nonexistent things, like cpanel and phpmyadmin.

They're probably just script kiddies or bots or something looking for
broken/misconfigured software.

Pat