[ale] raid suggestions

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Thu Feb 9 16:45:52 EST 2012

And while we're on it application.   DBs requires lots of IOPS so spreading across multiple small disks in a RAID5/RAID6/RAID10 is generally going to be much faster than using fewer large drives.   For one db app here we bought fibre drives for the back end array and overbought capacity in order to insure we had enough IOPS.