[ale] I can see why RHEL people don't use Emacs...

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Thu Feb 9 10:22:05 EST 2012

And the reason I used ksh on Linux until I realized I could simply do the "set -o vi" in bash as well.   Some folks don't install ksh on Linux.

Funny thing is we've got some DBAs that are convinced ksh works better for Oracle than bash even though we've proven their issues are environment setup and not shell.   (Some of this went back to when we had to use pdksh because real ksh wasn't available in RHEL4 and before.)