[ale] I can see why RHEL people don't use Emacs...

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 20:27:12 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:03 PM, Matt Urbanski <ur.matt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah, there's now way to avoid using those on the command prompt. Its funny that they work at the : prompt in vi.

I was confronted by jed (emacs lite, I guess) when I installed
git-core on one of the boxes.  I thought, why not learn to use the
emacs system, however I was on a real-time project and none of the
simple tutorials I could find could tell me how to use any of the very
short list of commands jed borrows from emacs.  I wanted to save a
"git commit."  Sometime I will buy the pitcher for somebody to show me
how it is supposed to work.

-Wolf