[ale] Linux install breaking windows?

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Wed Feb 8 18:09:20 EST 2012

On 02/08/2012 05:52 PM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> As long as the windows side was booted into after the repartitioning,
> then that was not the cause.

Not necessarily.  It is possible that the resize operation did something
screwy and after some arbitrary number of operations on the
database---oops, I mean, filesystem---was a problem found.  I always
follow up a resize operation on an NTFS volume with a forced CHKDSK in
Windows just to be sure that everything is alright.  When the person I
am doing work for doesn't insist I do things without backing up, I also
take the time to back up first.  I have yet to need one of those
backups, fortunately, though.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”