[ale] Linux install breaking windows?

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Wed Feb 8 18:07:32 EST 2012

On 02/08/2012 04:26 PM, John Anderson wrote:
> So- anyone have any issues with repartitioning a windows drive causing
> windows to bluescreen?

I have not run into such issues myself.  However, it is within the realm
of possibility.  What version of Windows  (and what version of NTFS ---
is it native to that version of Windows, or has Windows ever been
upgraded on that system from one version to the next)?

What does the BSOD say?

> Does it seem plausible that it could be a hardware issue- given that
> Mint seems to run OK?

Depends on what the BSOD says.

> The Ntfs partion can't be mounted from the file manager GUI inside Mint-
> is there  a way to force it on the command line?

You can try mounting it on the command line, but before you do so, check
dmesg to see what the system is complaining about.

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”