[ale] Metropcs 4G LTE vs AT&T DSL (ot)

Kirsa kirsa.thierry at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:17:52 EST 2012

I left T-Mobile for MetroPCS when the AT&T acquisition started,... got a
Samsung Galaxy Indulge on MetroPCS too...

If you are OK with a 4G service which is slower than any 3G carrier in
existence, a phone that cannot last longer than 10 hours on battery, which
crashes regularly and is overpriced for what a piece of junk it is, and
spotty 4G coverage, with terrible customer service at every turn. Then I
can recommend the Indulge on Metro... The "4G" service MIGHT reach 2mbit/s
off peak on some towers. Near my house I regularly received less than
500kbit/s downstream and 1mbit/s upstream (When I even had 4G)... When you
are not in a 4G service area it drops down to "1x" and is usually below
70-100kbit/s, which is a small improvement over dial-up. So you
will definitely want to make sure you get reliable 4G service where you
live if you go with MetroPCS.

If you are looking to combine bills, take a look at T-Mobile. They have
decent contract-free plans which are comparable to Metro.
If you are just looking for any wireless data provider rather than DSL,
take a look at Clear, I've had good luck with the Clear Spots.

Very happily using T-Mobile again now,...

-Kirsa