[ale] Stupid Question Time

mike at trausch.us mike at trausch.us
Fri Feb 3 12:16:07 EST 2012

On 02/03/2012 11:28 AM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> There are two kinds of Admins:
> The kind that have done "rm -rf /" without meaning it.
> The kind that lie and say they have never done it.

But, I really never have done "rm -rf /"!

I *have*, however, done "rm -Rf / tmp/foo" before.  Of course, I didn't
realize what I had done until it was too late.  I found myself wondering
why it hadn't returned yet, and then I realized my error...

And of course, at the time, I was indeed root.  :-/

	--- Mike

                                   --- Carveth Read, “Logic”