[ale] OT - Lead on a Linux Admin Job

Wolf Halton wolf.halton at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 12:01:41 EST 2012

May be of interest to somebody on the list.

Wolf

----
Hi Wolf,

Thank you again for your assistance with this! Below, I have provided
the job description for review. Please let me know if there are any
additional questions.

Job Description:
Members of our fast-paced hosting services group are responsible for
installing, configuring and supporting SmartOffice applications
running on Apache Web Server, Tomcat and Websphere on Linux servers.
The system administrators provides support to customers installed
systems on-premise..

We look for results-oriented people who have initiative, a good
attitude, the ability to learn quickly, a willingness to succeed, and
who truly enjoy helping people.

Requirements:
Applicants must:
• have experience administering Linux (SuSE, RedHat) and various flavors of Unix
• have experience supporting applications running on Java/J2EE
platform – Websphere/Tomcat/WebLogic and Apache, IBM’s HTTP Server
• have shell programming experience
• be detailed and process oriented as the operation is ISO 27001 certified
• develop a strong understanding of the existing hosting operation
products to effectively troubleshoot and provide accurate solutions to
our customers.
o remain the sole point of contact for issues that cannot be resolved
during the first communication (call or e-mail). This may involve
escalating the issue to a senior engineer
o work to exceed customer’s expectations, creating a positive customer
perception of the clients organization.
• have strong analytical ability to troubleshoot problem, to isolate
and to resolve issues
• possess the ability to solve problems quickly and methodically.
• have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• be an independent self-starter and have the ability to multi-task.
• enjoy working independently or as part of a team.
Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in technology , or a complementary discipline.
Experience Recommended:
• Prior experience as a Linux/Unix system administrator supporting
Java based enterprise application
Benefits:
• Paid Vacation/Sick
• Health, Dental & life insurance